Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vandalism Of Words - Book Review

4 star

Reviewed by Joe Young
This is a review of Vandalism of Words (Kindle)
Goodreads Reader


Derek Haines has a definite twisted view of the world. I happen to like his views as he expresses them in this collection of what I imagine to be past blog posts. The life he describes seems idyllic and his approach to writing makes it seem like an ideal pursuit. I find it easy to embrace his views of political leaders and others in authority. I think I understand his anger with all things colonial and expect his taste for beer, great coffee and delightful food made with local fresh produce may stem from his Australian exposure.

I can only lament that he found a wage earning wife to support him, share in his eccentricities and supply him with a Swiss citizenship while I must still struggle through life. Pick up this book and treat yourself to the humorous ramblings and pointed examinations of mostly everything he chooses to expose himself to. I found myself smiling and nodding while I was reading and largely jealous of his ability to make such a rewarding "Big" life for himself and his readers. I'm amazed he can think these "Deep" thoughts and not completely distract himself from his writing.

I highly recommend this read.

Original Link

No comments:

Post a Comment