Friday, July 8, 2011

Vandalism of Words - Book Review





's review 

Jul 08, 11
bookshelves: my-alltime-favorites 
Read in July, 2011

This is a brilliant little compendium about how Derek Haines sees the world.

Like a "best of" of his blog... I find his thoughts quirky, funny, intelligent, sarcastic, twisted, insightful, wise and so utterly inescapable that I shared it with my husband, reading it to him. (Yes I forced him to listen at first)But then he started asking for more... And my husband is hardly enthusiastic about anything!(except my cooking) but now I am deviating a bit...

If you orgiastically acclaimed Malcolm Gladwell and his "what the dog saw" witch was a bit of a let down to be honest... Kind of the emperors new clothes... if You know what I mean... Then you will love this one. Its just less pretentious. And much more fun.

On a more personal note: This book has definitively established Derek Haines as my favorite author/writer I have EVER read. (I am reading his work backwards, I know) Thank you, Derek!

No comments:

Post a Comment