Sunday, February 6, 2011

February The Fifth - Book Review

5 star

Review By Steve Youngs
This review is from: February The Fifth (Paperback)
Goodreads Reader

A thoroughly entertaining book. I enjoyed every single page. I'm actually quite a slow reader (was too lazy to learn to speed read) so a book this size would normally take me a good week to get through. Not this one. This one I got through in 2 sittings. It really was that good.

A science fiction mystery with good doses of humour thrown in. It is set in the distant future, a couple of million years into the future. The story even links back to a 16th century Pope, Pope Gregory XIII, no less (he's the guy that changed our calendar to what it is today, the Gregorian calendar).

I read a review somewhere that said that this story was aimed at young adults. Now whether or not that was Derek's intention, I don't know, all I can say is that I'm turning 45 this year and I loved it!

Derek Haines has definitely raised the bar with this story. I highly recommend this book. Go buy it! Read it! You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment