Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Milo Moon - Book Review

2 star

Great plot but...
Reviewed by John Cox
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Milo Moon (Paperback)


After reading the complete Milo Moon book and then reflecting upon it I have four conclusions:
1/ It was a great plot idea and had the potential to be a great book
2/ Way too little attention was paid to editing and proof reading
3/ The main characters are weak and wooden and telegraph just what they are going to do
4/ There are too many superfluous characters and plot points that are just filler

I'm not going to ruin the plot for those of you who want to read the book, and I would say this book is a great read if you are an aspiring author and want to read something that is never going to be a 'bestseller' and comes from a homegrown desire to write. Read and learn! What I mean by that is read this book and pay attention; you will identify all those places where little things would make all the difference.

The bottom line is that I wanted to like this book; I wanted to come away with a happy feeling in my stomach, but I just couldn't get there. Ultimately I was disappointed and frustrated. I would love to see the author revisit the book, working with an editor to make it the more concise and powerful book it deserves to be.

Original Link

No comments:

Post a Comment